Top 8 Must-Have Home Automation Devices in 2023
Which is the best home automation system?
Home automation devices in 2023 are not a novelty, but the norm in modern homes. A touch or voice command is now enough to operate most of your home devices. The best practice in home automation is to keep all the devices connected together, to enable central control with easy yet secure access.
The best home automation system is one which can adapt to your requirements and usage patterns, provide ease of operation and require minimum interventions. Read on, as we help you find the best home automation system for your home, based on this year’s home automation trends.
Here’s our pick of 8 best home automation devices that provide your home with the best home automation solutions:
- Smart Switches:- Smart switches are the first step toward home automation solutions. Smart switches allow you to operate your devices remotely by being connected to the internet. These switches can also have manual touch and touch-free controls for ease of use.
Smart switches can be used to manage all the controls which you can do with conventional modular switches. This includes turning lights On and Off, Dimmer control for controlling the intensity and color of light, controlling the fan, AC, and other electrical devices.
- Home Lighting Automation:- Home automation solutions can be used as an advanced way of controlling the lights in your home. Like home automation systems, there are also smart LED bulbs that have inbuilt artificial intelligence. These lights can be connected to a smart switch, a smart home assistant, or an app so that they can be operated remotely. There are various ways in which smart lights can be made to operate. You may operate them remotely, or they can be automated by motion and proximity sensors to automatically operate. They can also be configured to turn on as per the time of the day or night.
Smart lights can have various dimming features and color temperature control to adjust the mood of the room. Home lighting automation can be used in specific areas of the home, else can also be used universally across the home.
- Smart Thermostat:- Smart temperature control is the latest trend in modern heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions. This includes being able to control the temperature and humidity remotely or via voice commands, set up a periodic cycle of cooling or heating, and generate alerts in case of problems in air conditioning.
The smart thermostat can replace the conventional thermostat in your home, and can also be paired with motion and proximity sensors, to optimize the power efficiency of the HVAC systems in your home.
- Smart Media Controls:- Smart media devices are an ecosystem of devices that are connected together to provide an immersive multimedia experience. This can include television, media player, sound bars, and voice assistants to start off. These can be connected to the central hub that controls all your home automation devices.
The multimedia in your home can now be operated by your phone, voice commands, and visual commands. These smart media controls can also be paired with additional services like e-health, education, and home security.
- Smart Security Systems:- Security systems are a must-have feature in the modern home. You can start by connecting a smart doorbell equipped with audio-visual interactions. You can then take this a notch up by installing CCTV cameras at strategic locations, and home alarm systems to warn of intruders. Modern security systems use multiple types of sensors, and biometric & face detection to provide access control and security alerts.
- Home Cleaning Solutions:- Robots have replaced humans, especially when manual efforts are in question, and home cleaning is no exception. Robot vacuum cleaners and robot mops help you clean the house floor with minimum interventions required. A device also worthy of mention, is the air purifier which helps improve the air quality and circulates fresh air within the living space.
- Smart Monitor for Baby and Pet:- Traditional baby monitors and pet monitors have been audio devices that allow you to listen from another room. The modern smart baby monitor and smart pet monitor are equipped with Artificial Intelligence powered cameras that can listen, recognize, detect motion, and trigger alarms when there is unusual activity. This can all be monitored from the comfort of your smartphone or paired with another connected device so that your loved one is always safe.
- Home Automation Hubs:- We saved the best for the last. Home automation hubs are an indispensable part of your home and can be instrumental in keeping all your smart devices connected. You can orchestrate an entire array of controls from the comfort of your seat with voice commands, or even remotely.
The biggest advantage is the convenience that these smart home hubs offer, and you need not use a separate interface to operate a different device in your home. One command to the hub, and it will route the request to the correct device. A home automation hub is an integral part of your home Internet of Things solutions, to take complete control of all your smart devices.
The biggest advantage of having smart devices in your home is the ease, convenience, and flexibility that such devices offer. Some added advantages are safety and security, time-saving, and monitoring and optimizing the use of devices. The best home automation system is one which offers ease of use, flexibility, and easy pairing of devices.
You can get the best juice out of home automation, by having an eco-system of devices connected with the common hub. So that you can finally relax, and let automation work it’s magic.